To: School and Staff
Subject: Active Home Week
Hope you are all well and keeping active during Active Home Week and indeed every week since the lock down began.
The following imitative may be of interest to you so please take the time to read it and participate if you wish.
SHOUT OUT for #ActiveHomeWeek Videos (RTE Home School Hub EXTRA)
Video ‘Shout Out’
RTE Home School Hub EXTRA would love to receive videos from children from all parts of the country showing how they got active during #ActiveHomeWeek.
Their aim is to show as wide a variety of activities as possible:
· Taking on TEACHER Challenges - Beans Can Stacking/Toilet Roll Challenges/Bin Challenges
· NEW skills – Juggling/Skipping/Gymnastics etc.
· DANCE- Tik Tok dances, The Foot Shake Challenge, Ballet etc.
· FAMILY Fitness – Activities where other members of the family join in as well
· INDOOR Fitness Activities - Active Board Games, Active Spellings/Maths etc.
· 20-30 seconds video (no longer)
· When videoing it’s really important to hold the camera SIDEWAYS
· Begin with child/children introducing themselves (first name/school/county) before their activity begins
How to Submit Your Video
· Go to www.rte.ie/learn
· Click on the RED button called ‘Share Your Content with Home School Muinteoirs’. (just above the 1st/2nd class section).
· Complete the short online form and send your video – it’s a very easy process.
· This FRIDAY at 12pm
· The videos will be aired as part of the RTE Home School Hub EXTRA programme on TUESDAY, May 5th
· RTE Home School Hub promise that they will look through every video that they receive but advise, if large numbers of videos are received, they will only be able to play a selection of them.
Fingers crossed we’ll see your school represented on next Tuesday’s show.